Women’s Studies Center
The UGC granted the Women’s Studies Center (WSC) to the ILS Law College on 1st April 2011. The ILS Law College is probably the first law college in the country to get recognition from the UGC to establish the Women’s Studies Center. WSC acts as a link between academicians, activists, government functionaries, and NGO personnel and media persons so as to mainstream women’s and gender issues in the society.
- To open windows to gender equality through teaching, research, outreach activities and documentation
- To undertake and coordinate both basic and applied research on women and law, policy research for government agencies at the state and national level
- To organize teaching and training programmes to incorporate gender perspective in the mainstream disciplines
- To organize Conferences, Seminars, Workshops
- To document all the work undertaken in the form of research reports, training manuals, monographs, booklets, posters etc.
- To develop and promote in collaboration with other institutes, training and action programmes for women and men of all segments of the society to facilitate gender sensitization.
- To undertake various collaborative activities and help engender attitudinal and social change regarding women’s issues.
- To network and establish contacts with other Women’s Studies Centers and NGOs in India and abroad.